1-1-1 Minato Mirai, Nishi-ku, Yokohama, is a world-class integrated convention center situated on the water front in Yokohama.
How to access to the venue :
- Pacifico Yokohama and Vicinity map
- From Narita Airport to Yokohama Area:
- by Limousine Bus to YCAT: http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/e/timetable/index_n/yokohama_h.html
- by JR Narita Express to Yokohama Sta. http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/nex/
How to access from Pacifico Yokohama to the Workshop venue in Tokyo Odaiba: (approx. 1 hour by train)
- Take Minato-mirai-line to Yokoahama station.(2 stops 5min.)
- Change to JR Yokosuka line or JR Tokaido line to Shinbashi.(about 30min)
- Change to Yurikamome line to Fune-no-kagakukan station or Telecom Center station. (about 20min)
- From there it is a 5-10 minute walk to MeSci.
The organizers are not liable for any changes made to the program. Please visit the web site regularly for updates. The final program will be provided on-site in the delegate bag.
The official language of the Congress is English.
- Yokohama Convention and Visitors Bureau: http://www.welcome.city.yokohama.jp/eng/tourism/
- Yokohama City: http://www.city.yokohama.jp/en
- Kanagawa Now!: http://www.kanagawa-kankou.or.jp/index-e.html
- Japan National Tourist Organization （JNTO）: http://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/
- Visit Japan Campaign: http://www.visitjapan.jp/
- Restaurant "Tourandot" (in Pan Pacific Hotel 3F) http://www.turandot.co.jp/
- Queen's Square: http://www.qsy.co.jp/english/index.htm
- Gourmet Guide: http://www.gnavi.co.jp/en/kanto
Every foreign visitor entering Japan must have a valid passport. Visitors from countries whose citizens require visas should apply to the Japanese consulate or diplomatic mission in their own country.
For further information, please visit www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/index.html
Requests for official invitations in support of visa applications should be fill in the Visa application form (PDF) and fax it to the ICSB-2006 registration office.FAX: +81-3-5216-5552
The temperature in Yokohama during the period of the Congress ranges between 15°C and 21°C with the chance of occasional rain showers.
Only Japanese yen (JPY) is acceptable at regular stores and restaurants. Certain foreign currencies may be accepted at a limited number of hotels, restaurants and souvenir shops. You can buy JPY at foreign exchange banks and other authorized money exchangers on presentation of your passport.
Traveler's checks are accepted only by leading banks and major hotels in principal cities, and the use of traveler's checks in Japan is not as popular as in some other countries. VISA, MasterCard, Diners Club and American Express are widely accepted at hotels, department stores, shops, restaurants and nightclubs.
In Japan tips are not necessary anywhere, even at hotels and restaurants.
Shops and other sales outlets in Japan are generally open on Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays as well as weekdays from 10:00 to 20:00. Department stores, however, are closed one day per week, differing by store, and certain specialty shops may not open on Sundays and national holidays.
A consumption tax of 5% is added to all purchases. Prices shown include this tax.
The fare consists of an initial flag-down price of approximately JPY 660 plus an additional cost per distance covered and time elapsed. Payment is made at the end of the ride, and you need to pay only the amount marked on the meter. Trains, subways and buses are recommended as inexpensive means of transportation.
Please note that GSM mobile phone service is not available in Japan. Mobile phones can be rented for use during your stay in Japan.
Electric current is uniformly 100 volts AC throughout Japan, but with two different cycles: 50 in eastern Japan including Yokohama, and 60 in western Japan including Kyoto and Osaka. Leading hotels in major cities have two outlets of 100 and 220 volts but their sockets usually accept a flat two-pin plug only.
Japan is 9 hours ahead of GMT.
Participants are encouraged to obtain travel insurance (medical, personal accident and luggage) in their home country prior to departure.